Saturday, January 23, 2010

Forgotten

Last night - being lame, sleeping at 5 am, getting lost in my endless duvet whilst exchanging bits of our lives, curling over ourselves in hilarity and imaginary caramel puddings - were once again on the agenda. Doors were opened as stories and secrets spewed over comforting cups of Milo. Bombshells were dropped, and it surprises me that after 2 years, I still have not the slightest clue about the people I surround myself with.

This morning was the earliest that I've woken up (with the exception of exam days) without even the slightest bit grogginess and lethargy. After washing up, the morning brightened significantly as brunch plans were made and duties assigned. Soon enough, pots and pats cling-ed ans clang-ed; onions chopped; ginger ground; filling the room with excited chatter and peppy smiles.

An hour later, the three of us with the addition of Muruga and Chia Zhen were seated in a circle, exchanging buffoonaries with the occasional wisecracks from Muruga and Sharon tickling us pink before our satisfying spread - Nasi Lemak with coconut rice made fragrant by Soo, belacan chicken, fried egg and my bitingly spicy sambal tumis.

Last on the menu: extremely satiated bellies and spirits :)

We later went to the library in the COLD(especially cold today)to return our old books and borrow new books for the coming semester. New subjects: Microbiology and Fizikultura(i.e Physical Education, urgh). After sorting our library matters and escaping the overzealous, big, MUSCULAR dog which was determined to turn us into miserable chew toys, we parted ways and bid goodbye to the brief togetherness we were allowed. Till next time :)

In the end, I figured that I haven't lost my smile at all. It's right there under my nose. I just momentarily forgot it was there :)

1 comment:

Li Ying said...

It sure was a memorable day (the I Never and that miserable dog!@#). Haha. Sharon should come more often!! She bonds us all. :D
Love you guys!