Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Moscow-Manchester-London-Nottingham(correct, right?)-Birmingham-Pennsylvania-Melbourne-Adelaide-Cambridge-TOKYO

Friends are precious things in life and they are not to be taken for granted. Some friendships are formed during childhood and last for many years. Others may form during a certain chapter of your life, i.e college/uni but gradually weaken as you move into adulthood. Some friendships, sadly end terribly.

There are many possibilities regarding friendship but in due time we all will agree that it is more than mere acquaintanceship. Friends don't just hang out and drink teh tarik. Friends don't just go out and shop. It is this thing that they share in common which ultimately becomes the foundation on which their friendship is built upon.

---- 

Due to commitments like work, classes and family, I predict that a night like the last will not happen again in the near future.

I honestly can't recall the last time I laughed and bent over in laughter uninhibitedly - detached from the labor of life itself. It came at the right time, when I was re-questioning almost everything that I lived by for the last 20 years. I needed that, to remind me what it feels like to ultimately be ME for I fear that my current way of living is moulding me into a person whom I might soon grow to resent.

I admit that my perspectives are shifting. The answers as to whether they are for the better or for the worse, still elude me. I deny the fact that I am averse to change because without change, how will be bring about improvement? But being around people who have known me for most of my life made me realise that not all change is good.

Reasons as to why we all became friends in the first place resurfaced and for the first time in a VERY long time... the feeling hit me, finally. The feeling of togetherness, the feeling of trust and comfort and also the sense of belonging. It made me think.. Why change the thing that made us all fall in love with each other years back?

To be a part of something that is so subtle yet amazingly extensive is an incredible achievement. One that I am most proud of and am not willing to trade in for anything else.

Hmm :)






6 comments:

Sheng said...

wow when u list down the countries (places) like that it made me so emo!!!!!!!!!! i love uuuuuuu:):)

BTW did u forget to add sydney!!

Evana said...

dont emoooo, we'll be REUNITED SOON :)

Evana said...

dont emoooo, we'll be REUNITED SOON :)

beebee said...

Whats up dawg! El hanan Lee?!?!
Miss u vana bobana :(

beebee said...

Whats up dawg! El hanan Lee?!?!
Miss u vana bobana :(

Sen said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW sigh i miss yoouuuuuuuuuu